Together with more than 400 Active Minds chapters across the country, we are leading a movement on our campuses -- we are empowering students to change the perception about mental health.
Did You Know?
- The prevalence of mental illness is higher among 18 to 24-year-olds than in older adults. Yet, this age group is least likely to seek help.
- The high-stress environment of college life and being on their own for the first time makes college students especially vulnerable to developing mental health problems.
- Half of all college students have had suicidal thoughts but because of the stigma and shame surrounding mental illness, many students are suffering in silence.
How Does Active Minds Help?
- The Active Minds movement reaches more than 400 schools serving more than 5.1 million students in 50 states and 17 countries with suicide prevention training and mental health education.
- Active Minds student leaders reach more than 500,000 peers on their campuses with events, resources, and programming annually.
- Active Minds distributes more than 130,000 mental health educational materials at not cost to the Active Minds student network of more than 400 chapters.
Join the Stigmafighting Movement.
- Donate funds to help us bring critical mental health education and resources to more students across the country.
- Spread the message that students don't have to struggle alone.
Connect with us on Social Media: